Now hiring puppeteer storytellers
flexible schedule, $20/hour
We All Need Food and Water needs creative people to engage kids in various environmental stories through puppet shows at schools, libraries, and special events. This is a super fun and flexible job that allows you to choose the hours that work for you.
We subscribe to the philosophy that people remember what they enjoy learning. And who doesn’t enjoy a puppet show? This part-time job has a huge impact on educating kids and their adults about important issues.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Although the puppet shows are quite short, there is a fair amount of set up and take down. For each event, the puppeteers will need to pick up puppet show equipment, drive to the event location and set up the show, perform the show (with a co-worker), take down the puppet theater, and return the equipment to the storage location. At some of the puppet shows, puppeteers will also help the children make sock puppets.
Skills & Qualifications
- Friendly, outgoing person who is comfortable in front of groups
- A person who likes children and is patient with them
- A person who can problem solve and adapt when logistics don’t go as planned
- Scripts are provided, but puppeteers are encouraged to add their own flair and/or write their own shows.
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift about 30 pounds
- Must pass a background check
Tell us why you’d like this job and why you’re a good fit for it. Call or text 651.485.5171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org