About Our Puppet Shows
We’ve been saying it for years, and we’re thrilled that big names like Mark Ruffalo, Gloria Walton, and TIME are saying it too. Storytelling unites diverse groups around common goals. From ancient temples to COVID-19, humanity has shown we can achieve the impossible when united. We think stories are our species’ superpower.
Our Why and How
The clock is ticking with climate change. To uphold the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) warning, we must cut global emissions in half by 2030 to avoid the worst effects of climate change. Less than seven years away, the time is now to make sweeping cultural shifts to get humanity to work together for the benefit of all—especially current children and future generations. Not taking action is setting our kids up for a difficult future, where air quality alerts, severe weather, drought, famine, water shortages, and vector-borne diseases would likely be part of daily life. We can do better. We must do better.
“History has shown that when approximately 3.5 percent of the population participates in nonviolent protest, success becomes inevitable. No nonviolent protest has ever failed to achieve its aims once it reached that threshold of participation. In the UK, this would be 2.3 million people. In the United States, 11 million.”
– Christiana Figueres
Our “Red Light, Green Light” Program
As the name of our organization, We All Need Food and Water, implies, equity is central to our work. Our events are free to ensure accessibility. We also give priority to our most vulnerable Environmental Justice communities, who face disproportionate levels of air pollution, poverty, and unemployment as well as barriers to healthcare and the internet. These communities have disproportionately high levels of asthma, diabetes, and mental health concerns. Improving air quality not only addresses climate emissions and asthma but also has unexpected benefits for improving diabetes and mental health. Studies show air pollutants are linked to impaired glucose metabolism, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and cognitive decline.
Mark Ruffalo and Gloria Walton on How Storytelling Can Save the Planet*
When you’re trying to persuade people to do something important, you can present statistics, policy statements, graphs, and spreadsheets. But without a story that paints a picture of what’s at stake, touches the heartstrings, and sparks the imagination to envision possibilities, it’s hard to move people to take action. One formula for accelerating transformational change is to amplify the right message from the right messenger at the right moment in time.”
We Need Your Help Today
Single Puppet Show Sponsor
- Public recognition of your organization before and after the show
- Your logo on the puppet theater
- Your logo on our website
- Two social media posts on Facebook and Instagram
Show ScriptHighlighting your "green light" message
- Got a “Green Light” message that promotes personal and planetary health? Let us know, and we’ll craft a show for you to lift up your message. We will work your organization into the puppet show plot. Your organization will have the chance to approve the script before we perform it.
12 Puppet Shows SponsorBetter value!
- Public recognition and praise of your organization before and after the shows
- Your logo will be larger and more prominently displayed on the puppet theater
- Your logo will be larger and more prominently displayed on our website
- 24 tagged social media posts on Facebook and Instagram
- Recognition in our quarterly e-newsletters